A Sender Name/ Sender ID is the 11 character alphanumeric text that shows up in your mobile handset when someone calls you/sends an SMS to you.
With SMS Central, you can create a sender name for your campaign. When the recipients get the text message, instead of a random mobile number, they can see a name that is easier to identify. For example, if you run a practice and you are sending an appointment reminder, you could use "MyPractice"
There are five things to remember when using a Sender ID:
- It can only have up to 11 characters
- It must be alphanumeric - no spaces or special characters
- If you send a campaign with a Sender ID, the recipient will not be able to reply
- To be compliant with the Spam Act, a marketing message cannot be sent from a Sender ID
- Messages will be rejected by some carriers if the Sender ID appears to be a land line number (e.g. 0312345678)