A Sender Name/Sender ID is the 11 character alphanumeric text that shows up in your mobile handset when someone calls you/sends an SMS to you.
With SMS Central, you can utilize a sender name for your campaign.
When the recipients get the text message, instead of a random mobile number, they can see a name that is easier to identify.
For example, if you run a practice and you are sending an appointment reminder, you could use "MyPractice"
There are five things to remember when using a Sender ID:
- It must be between 3 - 11 characters in length
- It must be alphanumeric - no spaces or special characters
- If you send a campaign with a Sender ID, the recipient will not be able to reply
- To be compliant with the Spam Act, a marketing message cannot be sent from a Sender ID (unless you are providing another means to opt-out)
- Messages will be rejected by some carriers if the Sender ID appears to be a land line number (e.g. 0312345678)
If you're interested in getting your own Sender ID set up, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. The support team will be more than happy to assist you with getting your new Sender ID up and running!