Latest version (v3.2)
You can download v3.2 of our API reference in PDF here.
Alternatively you can read and scroll and search easily on our website.
What can you do?
With SMS Central's API you are able to
- Send SMS
- Receive SMS
- Schedule SMS
- Get delivery receipts (DLRs)
- Check the delivery status of a message
- Create Subaccounts -NEW!-
- Create Users -NEW!-
- Check your account's balance
What's different from v3.0 in v3.2? (February 2015)
- The URL: https//my.smscentral.com.au/api/v3.2
- New functionality
- Unicode support for inbound and outbound messages using 'UDH' and 'BINARY' parameters
- Multi-part inbound message support with the use of the 'UDH' parameter
- Status check now allows a comma separated list of values for the 'REFERENCE' parameter to check the status of more than one message with a single request
- Status check now allows a comma separated list of values for the 'RECIPIENT' parameter to check the status of more than one message with a single request
- Checking for inbound messages on demand now supports the 'CAMPAIGN' parameter to check for replies pertaining to a specific campaign
- A number of typos and grammatical changes, as well extra text for clarification on some parameters
What's different from v2.1 in v3.0? (August 2014)
- The URL: https://my.smscentral.com.au/api/v3.0
- New functionality
- You can now create Sub accounts via the API, using the following URL: https://my.smscentral.com.au/api/v3.0/account/create
- You can now create Users via the API, using the following URL: https://my.smscentral.com.au/api/v3.0/user/create
- Minor add-ons
- Receiving SMS, Real Time, HTTP Get Parameters, added 'ID'.
- Check Delivery Status of a message: included new URL: https://my.smscentral.com.au/api/v3.0/checkstatus
- Fixed typos:
- Send SMS, HTTP Post Parameters, FILE_HASH. Changed 'Required' to No.
- Send SMS, HTTP Post Parameters, SCHEDULE. Changed 'Type' to Datetime.
- Receiving SMS, Real Time, changed 'HTTP Get' for 'HTTP Post' in Important Note. Please ensure that you respond to the HTTP POST with a “HTTP/1.1 200 OK” HTTP status code in the header of your response and please ensure that you output a “0” in the content of your response to the HTTP POST.
What's different from v2.0 in v2.1? (Feb 2014)
- The URL: https://my.smscentral.com.au/api/v2.1
- Receiving SMS in Real Time: We've added the parameter 'ID'. This parameter, will provide a unique value specific to that inbound message, in the same way we do with DLRs.
- Check the delivery status of a message: New URL
What's different from v1.0 in v2.0? (May 2013)
- The URL: https://my.smscentral.com.au/api/v2.0
- Send SMS: There are 2 new parameters, FILE_LIST and FILE_HASH, which allow you to attach a compressed pipe-delimited file (these are both optional)
- Receiving SMS in Real Time: We've included details on the specs for response required and retrying attempts
- Receiving DLRs: Details on retrying to forward DLRs.
- Receiving DLRs: Additional GET parameters UDH, STATUS and STATUSDESCRIPTION
- Description on how to check the delivery status of a message
Download v2.1 here.
Download v2.0 here.
Download v1.0 here.
Download the first API reference here.